Computerization in the business world has made life easier for millions of companies. Using a Management software is practical to help you manage your business. For instance, Algorithme.io is an amazing online Invoicing software. To lighten your work, it offers a kit of exhaustive features enabling you to manage your Invoicing directly online. How does it work? Let’s find out!
Table of contents
Algorithme.io: a multipurpose Invoicing Software
Algorithme.io is a very interesting Saas software (Software As A Service) that is able to perform various tasks: management of purchases, stock, sales and customer relationships or CRM. It has been designed by sole traders for sole traders and is totally free.
Behind the platform is Event Mind, a Communication agency. And we could easily guess that when considering the presentation of their software; light homepage and simple but effective interface (just what it takes: monochrome images and colors).
At the very top of the page, there is the search bar dedicated to customers, expenses, quotes and invoices. In the left corner, there are the following tabs:
How to Use Algorithme.io
First of all, you must create an account. To proceed, you simply need an e-mail address and to choose a password.
Once connected, you will see a Homepage presented in two parts. The one on the left makes it possible to create a new company and the one on the right offers to join an existing company on the platform. Note here that you can create a fake company. But to use the invoice-sending function of this online software, you will have to provide the administrative documents of your company (status, SIRET, VAT, etc.). Keep this in mind when creating your company in the interface!
Customers, Quotes and Invoices
To create quotes and invoices, start with “Create a Customer”. For that, just click on “New Customer” icon found in the quick access menu, at the top left of the screen. Next thing to do is to assign a category to the customer. Is it a company or an individual?
When creating a customer, their profile is automatically changed to “prospect”. They will find their true customer status only when (i) they have accepted a quote or (ii) an invoice finalized on their name will be registered. Once the category of customer is chosen (company or individual), you will now have to fill the fields of information about them.
The information requested is the company name, the address, the e-mail address, its website, its sector of activity and its situation regarding registration (if it is registered or if the processor is in progress). In the case of an individual, the field to fill out is their surname, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, website and sector of activity.
The creation of a quote is done with a simple click on the “Quote” icon on the left of the screen, then click on “New Quotation” on the right of the screen. Then fill the following fields:
- surname and first name of the customer
- name of the project
- the deadline to complete the work
- quote notes (if applicable)
- the date of issue of the invoice
- the value of VAT
- the validity period of the invoice
- the nature of the product(s) concerned
After having filled all the necessary fields, you have to validate all by clicking on the icon “Create” at the bottom right of the page. The finalized quote will then be formatted automatically by the software with your information and sent directly from Algorithme.io by email. Once accepted, the quote can be converted into an invoice.
If you want to directly establish an invoice without quotation, the process is the same as to make a quote. In fact, all operations will always be done with a single click. Only the information found in the windows will vary. The way to go will be: “Invoice”, “New Invoice”, then “Create”.
What About Expenses
Expenses are a way of auditing cash flow. They facilitate your accountant’s balance sheet.
To proceed, click on the “Expenses” icon. You will be directed to a window where you will have to fill in different information like the date of purchase, its category, its price excluding tax and the value of the VAT. Finally, simply click on “Add” at the bottom right corner of the window.
Other User Accounts
As an Administrator on Algorithme.io, you can add users to your company. To do this, simply navigate to the menu and click on “New User”. Once done, all you have to do is enter the e-mail address of the person you want to add and specify its status in your company. Note that the status of the new user is imposed by the software and is limited to the title of Accountant or Manager.
Help and Support
In case of problems related to the use of Algorithme.io, it is possible to contact its Customer Service via a form. An agent will then assist you as soon as possible to find a solution.
Work Anywhere and Anytime
As any businessman already knows, in the business world, availability matters a lot. Contracts can be done anytime, anywhere, and travelling can be frequent.
For example, managing accounts in transit at an airport would be impossible with invoicing software installed on your office computer. That’s not the case with Algorithme.io. This software is in Cloud, so you can access it via a simple smartphone or tablet with access to Internet. You don’t even need to open your laptop!
Pros and Cons
The advantages in using Algorithme.io are numerous:
- Simple and easy to use, the site is very clear. The nuance of colors based on black and white does not exhaust the eyes
- The service is completely free and accessible to all those who have a project to manage. A demo version is available without registration
- The dashboard displayed in the Homepage shows the main statistics of your activity and is very practical
- The software is available 24H via any device with an internet connection
- When drawing up the quotes, details on the VAT exclusive, VAT inclusive and VAT values are automatically calculated and displayed
- The quote sent to the customer is well presented and detailed (Value HT, VAT and VAT)
- No need to struggle with its matches, because the system automatically generates professional messages (mail, quotes, invoices, etc.)
- A tutorial is available to learn how to use the too
As for the disadvantages, they are as follows:
- Icons should be better displayed. For example, it would have been wiser to place the creation of customers before the quotes and invoices, since it is necessary to start by creating a customer.
- The status of the users is imposed. It’s either Accountants or Managers. But it might be possible that the administrator wants to integrate another person under another title.
- A finalized quote can no longer be edited and deleted. In case of error, we will have to start all over again.
In my opinion, Algorithme.io is a very good software to manage the invoicing of a company. On the other hand, we stay in VMEs and SMEs.
Of course, it is not perfect. But it already contains all that is needed to lead and move a company in the right direction. The fact that it’s free makes it greatly accessible for those who cannot afford expensive software.
Keep reading with: