Archiving your paper records is a thing of the past. ICTs (Information and Communication Technologies) have brought a major change in human work methods and indeed, Business Management has benefited. Most tasks are now accomplished with software, which is often acquired at an exorbitant price. Zervant is a great software that can assist any entrepreneur in taking the quick train of progress. Zervant offers an Invoicing method for small businesses. This is my review after testing the Invoicing software Zervant.
General information about Zervant, the invoicing software
Zervant is an online software that comes in two versions, free and premium. The free version offers unlimited e-mail billing and standard customer support, while the other adds a one-click, send-by-post bill option (what they call “premium Invoicing”), payment reminders, as well as customer support that will answer you faster (a guaranteed answer under a working day).
Aimed at small businesses and individual entrepreneurs around the world, this work tool has been translated into various languages: French, English, German, Finnish and Swedish.
Use of Zervant: Invoices and Quotes
In addition to Invoices, Zervant invoicing software also processes quotes and customer cards.
To use this software, you will first need to create an account. The process is simple, you just need an email and a password.
Once your account is created and your details edited, you will be automatically redirected to the Homepage.
To access the various windows and options easily, the main icons are permanently docked at the top of the Invoicing software page:
- Invoices / Quotes
- Technical support
- My account
First and foremost, it is important to set up your account which will enable you to afterwards personalize quotes and invoices (logo, address, contacts, etc.). Indeed, it is necessary to stand out from others to make a reputation. Thus, all you have to do is go to “My account” (at the top of the page, on the right side) and fill in the fields.
Creating an invoice or an estimate first requires creating a customer master record. This manipulation must be done at each billing or quote – unless it concerns a customer already existing in the database.
Invoices and quotes are to be created from the buttons “Customer” or “Invoice and Quote” – and only a new invoice can be made from the Homepage. On this Homepage, they are in fact two panes – and you have to click on “New invoice” on the left pane to access it. Once the new invoice creation screen is open, search for an already existing customer in the search bar at the top left of the page (labeled “Customer”) – or create a new one by clicking on the “New customer” blue link.
If you go to “Customer” at the top left, you will have access to the list of your existing customers.
The page is always divided into two parts, left and right. On the left, you have the list of prospects and on the right, the information about them. A click on a name on the left will reveal the information concerning it on the right. The information part also allows the generation of a new invoice or estimate, as well as the addition of a new customer.
The screen that opens by clicking on “Invoice / Quote” will show you again and again a page divided into two (one on the left and one on the right).
On the left are the drafts, the status of the invoices and the specifications. The right side, as usual, contains customer information, and offers the possibility of editing new invoices and quotes.
Securing your data
As it’s very strict about the quality of their services, Zervant invoicing software has taken the necessary steps to ensure the security of your data. These will be stored on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers located in different European countries (Germany, Ireland, etc.) and in England (London).
To avoid incidents of any kind, the software performs regular backups. And in order to enhance the safety of your information, system components, networks, servers, and databases are duplicated and cloned in at least two different data centers. In addition, all connections use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption – a level of security equivalent to those used by online banking systems.
The advantages and disadvantages of Zervant
Like any product or service, Zervant invoicing software has both advantages and disadvantages.
Notable positive points:
- Daily update of the system
- Multilingual software
- Use in Cloud
- Highly-secured data
- The presence of the option “Report” which summarizes the sales. A graphical representation by customer or by product, as well as an Accounting report are then established
- Availability of a free version
- Premium offers accessible to all markets
- Despite its categorisation as a simple invoicing software, and the fact that it’s intended for small businesses, Zervant also deals with Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
With all the aforementioned assets, it is surprising to note that Zervant has a few negative points, after all. This is the hallmark of exceptional products, especially since the said weak points are not seriously limitative:
- Some buttons are redundant. The separation of tasks could have facilitated the understanding and mastery of the tool. For instance, this is the case of invoices and quotes that can be established from the “Customer” button and the “Invoice and Quote” button
- The layout of the pages gives it the appearance of a gas factory, because the screen is always divided into two parts and on top of that, the multiple colors used makes it disorienting
- The headings of invoices and quotes sent to customers remain in English. Only customised information is in the chosen language
Clearly, this software has more strengths than weak points, and that’s very good. I recommend Zervant for its convenience and the wide choice it offers.
Nevertheless, I am one of those people who dislike disorganized interfaces and I find those in Zervant too messy. It’s like this culinary concept that says you have to eat with your eyes first. Presentation matters!
- Flexina: Review of a very effective online Invoicing software
- Henrri: Review of a Free for life Cloud Invoicing Software
- Factomos: Review of a Saas Invoicing software for craftsmen and artists
- Algorithme.io: Review of an amazing online Invoicing software
- Tolteck: Review of an Invoicing software for Construction craftsmen